Friday 6 October 2017

Cat Face Doodle Pattern


I seem to have skipped showing this design on my blog! Since its Inktober and I did draw these cat faces in ink, I figured now is a good time to show them off. ;) 

I was flipping through my sketchbook one day and it occurred to me that despite my love of cats, my sketchbook had nearly 0 cat sketches! I simply couldn't have that, so I just started drawing all these funny cat faces. Here is what I started out with!


I wanted to showcase a wide variety of cats but since these are very doodle type illustrations, I didn't want to make the colours toooooo realistic. I loosely based the cat colours in my patterns off of real cat colours - siamese, orange striped cat, grey tabby etc. The result is a beautiful palette of neutral tones with pops of orange and yellow. Here are some of the products that are available at my shops in this pattern.

cat patterned floor pillow
This is a cat patterned floor pillow from my new Society6 shop! I think
my cat would like this one.

Another home decor staple that the cats will love! My cat pattern, all over
a lovely throw pillow from RedBubble.

I've also added customizable cat pattern products to my Zazzle shop, like this
moleskine notebook with a personalized monogram. :)



And since Zazzle added these lovely new paper placemats to their product lineup,
I couldn't resist turning my cat face lineart into a pattern just so that it can be treated
as a colouring page! You can colour the cats however you want. Each paper placemat
is a set of 25.

What do you think of this new design? Let me know in the comments below! :) 

And most of all, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, especially my fellow Canadians as we celebrate Thanksgiving! So happy Thanksgiving everyone, may you have a wonderful dinner with family and friends :D

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment