Friday 1 September 2017

New Month, New Blog Improvements

Hello everyone! After coming back to my blog I realized it needed to be spruced up a bit. You will notice I have added a few changes, and will be making more as I notice things that can be improved.

Focus of my blog


My blog previously was dedicated to trying all the new print on demand websites and finding which one worked best for me. After testing them over a couple of years I have settled on three favourites: Zazzle, DesignByHumans and RedBubble. I will be shifting my focus to be more art based and will be sharing my designs from my shops - including new collections, gift ideas & tips and tricks with new products. I will still occasionally review and visit new PODs (I won't be able to resist a good new POD!) - but this blog will be more art based.

Lots of you are artists yourselves and as you know, we are always learning :) I want to continue sharing tips, tricks and freebies for designers such as Photoshop & illustrator tutorials, mockups, new programs I try and overall - just design and POD related things that I find useful and other designers might like to know too.

I've been posting twice a week and would like to keep that going with a post every Wednesday & Friday. The days may change as I figure out which ones work best, but there will always be a post twice a week :)



Layout Changes 


My first change is my layout. I've opted for a more simple look to keep the focus on my images and posts. You will notice that under my header there is now a handy toolbar that will take you to each of my shops, my portfolio page, and my active social media pages! Feel free to connect with me on all of them. I'm working on getting nice web buttons set up for my social media links - but for now, they are also included in this toolbar.


Pin-it hover button


I've added a pin-it hover button to my blog! You can now simply hover over one of my images if you'd like to share it on pinterest :) I've always wanted one of these. :P


Email Subscription


One thing that I have been thinking about but didn't set up for the longest time was an email subscription list. Well, I've decided to get started now! On the right hand side of my blog you will notice that you can now add your email to my list. This will send my blog posts straight to your inbox!

This list is currently powered by Google's FeedBurner. If you would like to sign up for the email list, make sure that you allow popups because you will have to enter a verification code. Once you enter the code, you will receive a verification email. Click the verification link in the email to begin receiving emails from my blog! :)

Right now only my blog posts will be sent to your email, and I publish them twice a week (usually on a Wednesday and a Friday). In the future I hope to be able to create great content for my email subscribers as my list grows, so keep an eye out for any updates.

As always, if you have any requests for what you'd like me to discuss, walk through or review, leave a comment below! And if you are interested in getting weekly updates about my shop, feel free to subscribe to my new email list!

Have a wonderful (long in Canada!) weekend everyone,

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment