Wednesday 11 October 2017

Gold and Red Leaf Pattern | New at my shop!


I've continued my burst of creativity well into October - although I have had less time to actually draw, I've been looking at some of my recent work in new ways. If this pattern looks familiar, its because it is! I reworked my Autumn leaf pattern to shine and stand out in a beautiful red and gold colour palette!

I've been all about the shine lately, adding gold everywhere possible and pairing it with a variety of different colours. I think that this gold leaf pattern with a deep red background is surprisingly a really nice, elegant pattern for the holidays! While the colour theme is very much a holiday palette, the subject matter of different shapes of leaves is not, so I thought it gave this design a unique twist and makes it stand out from the traditional christmas tree designs.

I originally drew these leaves in a vector format using Adobe illustrator. Photoshop was used in this rework however - I played around with the colour until I got the perfect shade of gold to go with the deep red. Of course like my other patterns, this one is also seamless. :)

Gold and red leaf pattern mug

I've added this pattern to my RedBubble, Zazzle, and Society6 shops. (My Society6 shop is moving along nicely by the way, I plan on sharing more details about it at the end of the month, but I am liking it a lot!)
Redbubble Gold and Red Pillow Stack

Gold and Red Throw Blanket

I especially love this pattern on home decor. These colours stand out and are elegant, adding beautiful accents to a room.

A gold monogram on this tote bag makes the perfect personalized accessory! :)
Customize this tote bag with your initial at Zazzle.

What do you think of my new design? Are you a fan of the deep red and gold colour palette? Let me know in the comments below! :)

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment