Saturday 18 April 2015

Zazzle Sew Good Contest: My Fabric Review

A week ago, I received my prize for being selected as a winner in Zazzle's sew good fabric challenge: my design on a fat quarter of zazzles combed cotton fabric!

Here is what the fabric looks like online vs in real life (sorry, my pictures aren't the greatest! I am using my iPhone camera XD) :
Spring Floral Watercolor Pattern Fabric
Find other Floral pattern Fabrics at zazzle.com

As you can see, my spring floral watercolour pattern has retained its colour very well on the printed fabric.  The grey is slightly darker, and closer to the "tile" preview option listed on Zazzle. The print is very clear as well- although going in really close to the centres of the flowers, some of the tiny details I had on my original print are slightly blurred- but not enough to really see unless you look at it very closely. My fabric came in a sealed plastic package and it was folded, so there are a few fold lines that I will need to wash out before I start my project. The fat quarter I received is enough fabric to make myself an iPad mini sleeve, as well as a 3ds sleeve to hold my device and games! 
Here is a picture of the full fat quarter, which is 28" wide and 18" long. 
One fat quarter is plenty for me to make my device sleeves! A fat quarter on zazzle sells for $11.95 CAD retail, which isn't a bad size for doing small projects like the ones I am doing, or if you are into quilting and wanted a bunch of fabrics!
This combed cotton fabric will be perfect for my devices. It has a very durable feel to it, despite being a rather lightweight fabric. It definitely is not a fabric that will tear easily! I haven't washed it yet, I am curious to see if it softens up in the wash. This fabric has less than 1% shrinkage, so washing it should be an easy process. It is recommended to wash it in cold water and tumble dry on low heat.

Overall, I am really happy with how my fabric turned out! I can't wait to use it. This is the first chance I have had to see what my designs look like printed from zazzle, and I am so glad to see that they print well! This definitely gives me the confidence to continue promoting my products & creating on zazzle. 

Here are some other close up pictures of my fabric! I'll post more pictures of my finished device cases whenever I get the chance to make those!


No comments:

Post a Comment