Wednesday 24 January 2018

Daily Pattern Challenge

Hi everyone, its been a while since I posted (again!) I find it hard to keep up with my blog, my shops, and my social media, especially around the hectic-ness that was Christmas time. If you follow me on my twitter or my instagram, you probably know that I've been keeping myself pretty busy in the design department!! Since January is literally one of the worst months for selling things, I've decided to cut my marketing efforts in half and instead focus all of my spare time on designing.

Finishing projects is always a struggle to me, and while I love drawing, sometimes I replace it with other things I love.. *cough cough* video games or reading. If I'm on a reading binge or if I find a really really good video game that I need to play, 100% of all of my attention goes to that thing instead of my drawing things. What I need is a schedule for drawing, and a little self discipline and will power. So for that, I have decided to start a 100 day pattern challenge!

I've recently been inspired by a few other artists who took up this challenge and completed the full 100 days. Im a believer of the "21 days" of doing something turns it into a habit, so my first goal will be to get into the groove of creating something new every single day. The rest of the 79 days will be for enjoying my newfound habit and coming up with as many unique designs as I can think of! I've already completed a full week of patterns, which I have shared below.

Day 1
Stormy Nautical Pattern


Day 2
Cute Cats Pattern

Day 3
Ultraviolet Mermaid Scales Pattern

Day 4
Dreamy Violets Floral Pattern

Day 5
Super Canadian Maple Syrup Pattern

Day 6
Retro 80s Winter Triangles

Day 7
Falling Stars

I'm a week in to my challenge but there is still a long way to go! Feel free to join in to the challenge with me if you are feeling the need to do 100 drawings too :D I'm using the hashtag #100daysofpatterns. Make it in design has a challenge using the hashtag #100daysofpattern as well as some art prompt topics to get you started, which I thought was fantastic.

Most of the patterns I create will eventually make it to my shops. In fact some of them have made it already! Keep an eye out on my shops for the newest additions, and if you have any specific product requests let me know & I'll be sure to add it for you!

Until next time,

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment