Monday 2 March 2015

The Girl with the Decorated Hair + Launch of Society6 Page


Decorated Hair Girl Tote Bag by tanyadraws | Society6
The first design I am sharing from my society 6 page! I hope I will have time for updating this page this month.  I really love these tote bags. Fully covered with art is how they should all be!


Decorated Hair Girl Tote Bag by tanyadraws | Society6 (clipped to polyvore.com)


As I sit here drinking tea (forever nuts from Davids tea.. my new fave!) trying to rid myself of this awful cold I have caught, I decided that this is as good a time as ever to update my blog with my new design. 

I drew this girl last weekend at the cheerleading competition I was working at. This was a fantastic little project for me to work on because once I got the lineart done, filling in the small details of the hair could be done in small parts in between my actual work. I burn on site DVDs, so when I'm waiting for some DVDs to pop out, I can sneak a bit of drawing in. :) I used my sharpie pens (I lost one pen in the making of this drawing) and my lovely staedtler black marker (two sided, has lasted me FOREVER!) to create this image. I love drawing portraits, and colouring the hair in with patterns is something I have wanted to try for a long time. I am pretty happy with how it turned out! 

I am also really excited to have started on Society6! This one will be a challenge to get used to because it has a slightly different dynamic to it than zazzle. Here is my Society6 page! :) 

And here are some of my favourite products that I have put this illustration on from zazzle!


Inked Girl Portrait with Patterned Gradient Hair Poster
The original, for comparisons sake: My drawing in poster format! I don't make many of my drawings available for print on canvas or poster formats, but I felt like this one deserved it.
Inked Girl Portrait with Patterned Gradient Hair Barely There iPhone 6 Case
Barely there iPhone 6 case. I love love love the way this design looks on the electronic cases!  It just goes so nicely.

Inked Girl Portrait with Patterned Gradient Hair Messenger Bags
This awesome laptop bag is surprisingly cool. I angled it differently because it didn't look right in the portrait format I originally had. The way it is now, the girls hair perfectly curves with the bag! I'm glad it turned out the way it did.
Inked Girl Portrait with Patterned Gradient Hair Uncommon Clearlyâ„¢ Deflector iPhone 6 Plus Case
Last but not least, the clearly uncommon iPhone 6 plus case! The apple logo still shines through.  It actually goes pretty well with the design. It looks almost like a hair clip in her hair. XD

See how peaceful she looks? This drawing was my calm in the endless sea of cheerleaders. ;) 

-Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment