Monday 12 October 2015

POD Hiatus

Hello everyone,

As you may have noticed by now it is almost halfway through October and I have not added a monthly stats newsletter! I felt like I should write this post to let you know why I have stopped updating my blog lately. The reason for this is that I recently got a new job in addition to my current job. Between the two jobs I am working 40-50 hours 6-7 days each week, and then throw in the fact that I still have 5 kittens to take care of...I just don't have the time to write blog posts, promote products on social media & add new things to my shops.  I am really excited for the new job, because it is in the design field so I am working on projects that I would have been doing as a hobby for this blog & my print on demand stores.

This is a temporary transitional period in my life, and while it will be difficult balancing two jobs, it will definitely pay off in the long run! Once I get a good work/life balance going, I will be able to continue with print on demand & blog posts. Until then, I will not be updating this blog as frequently as my print on demand shops reach a standstill as well. It was challenging getting momentum going when I started this POD journey & letting my shops sit will surely slow it down, but having this blog to  look back on will definitely help me get quickly back on track when I start it up again!

As a little mini update in place of my monthly stats newsletter, I will tell you that I sold 12 things over the month of September 2015,  7 of those being from RedBubble! Redbubble finally surpassed my Zazzle shop in the amount of sales, something I have never seen before in the 9 months of my print on demand shops. September was a slow month for me, and October is looking slow as well. Like I said, it is to be expected with the lack of activity on my part!

I will miss providing updates, but look forward to the time when I can pick up this hobby again. :)

Until next time,

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment