Tuesday 27 January 2015

New Zazzle Fabrics : Pineapple Retro Print

So yesterday I found out that zazzle has a new product available for creation.. fabric! I am really excited to be able to print my own patterns on fabric. I wanted to sign up for spoonflower, but I can now use zazzle to test the waters before jumping straight in. I plan on making TONS of fabrics... I even created a new category to display them in! In fact, I was quite productive today and revamped the whole storefront of my zazzle shop with a new banner and more organized categories. Head on over to my shop and see it, and let me know if you like the changes! :)

Now about those fabrics! I made all my designs available in fabric patterns... and even created a new bunch of designs just for the occasion! I created new vintage inspired pineapple designs using watercolour textures, my trusty vector shapes and my new favourite thing, glitter. I used a retro colour palette for some of them and kept the pineapples simplistic. I am really happy with how they turned out, and they look fantastic on the fabric. Here they are:

Glitter Tropical Pineapple with Stripes and Dotted Fabric
This is my favourite pattern out of the bunch! I used chartreuse green and a light tiffany blue to go along with my glitter pineapples. I think this one looks the best on the fabrics, too. I can see it being used as fabric for curtains, accent pillowcases and chair cushion covers in someones summer home. I would also love to see someone make an ironically summery circle scarf out of this one! ;)

Glitter Tropical Pineapple with Stripes and Dotted Fabric by TanyaDraws
Check out more Zazzle Fabric

Glitter Tropical Pineapple with Geometric Pattern Fabric
A more modern trendy piece, featuring geometric tribal print lines and of course, the glittery pineapple. I put this pattern on a neon green background for fun, and I actually like it so I kept it. The colour is very different from what I usually use on designs! As usual however, you can change that background colour to be whatever you want. 

Glitter Tropical Pineapple with Geometric Pattern Fabric by TanyaDraws
See more Fabric at Zazzle

Glitter Tropical Pineapple with 60s Circle Pattern Fabric
My second favourite pattern! It was a tough choice between this one and the stripes one, because this one also looks fantastic on fabrics. I used the same colour palette as the stripes and dots one, but I went with a more 60s fabric feel with a multi coloured circle pattern. Despite liking the other one better, I do think I maintained the retro look more consistently in this one!

Glitter Tropical Pineapple with 60s Circle Pattern Fabric by TanyaDraws
See more Fabric at Zazzle

Tropical Summertime Watercolor Pineapple Pattern Fabric
This was actually the first pattern I made, using multiple watercolour textures in object masks! This file was so big that I couldn't open it again to alter it. So while I sent it over to my boyfriend for him to open on his way better computer, I started creating the pineapples above! I am so glad I couldn't open it, or else I wouldn't have made the pineapples in that style. I like them so much more than this one. 

Tropical Summertime Watercolor Pineapple Pattern Fabric by TanyaDraws
See more Fabric at Zazzle

Any zazzlers out there? I would love to see your new fabric designs! Feel free to comment with links to them below. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment